The Bluebirds Trust
The Barrow AFC Independent Supporters Society Limited trading as “The Bluebirds Trust” was set up in 2014 around the time the Club was taken in to private ownership following a period as a members club.
The Trust is a member of Supporters Direct, and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Reg. No 32452R). We are an affiliate member of the Football Supporters Federation (FSF).
What The Trust is for...
The main aims of the Trust are:
1) Supporter Voice, liaising with the Club (with but not for)
2) Support for the Performance Centre through the Matchday Half Time Raffle
3) Trust Travel – Providing travel to away matches for fans
4) Trust Tickets – Providing tickets to Barrow AFC matches for young fans and community groups
5) ‘Rainy Day’ money to support the viability of Barrow AFC
6) Fundraising for projects supported by the members
7) Specific joint projects supporting the wider community with the Club (Food Bank etc)
We have a positive working relationship with the owner and Board of Barrow AFC and are working with them to ensure fans views are represented at the highest level within the Club.
Our main aim is to provide a voice for all supporters of Barrow AFC and work within the community to raise awareness of the Club.
We also provide travel to Barrow AFC away games for our members and other supporters.
Using proceeds from our matchday raffle, we have worked with the Community Sports section of the Club to provide kit and other equipment for the junior sides.
We also hold events to raise money to provide match tickets to schools and other local organisations or individuals who may otherwise not be able to attend. We also work with the Club to collect donations for the Food Bank in December.
Additionally, we have sponsored players and in 2019/20 we spnsored Radio Lonsdale’s coverage of Barrow AFC matches which was used as the commentary on the Official Club video highlights package.