Barrow AFC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare, both physical and emotional, of every child both inside and outside of the Club premises.
We implement a whole-club preventative approach to managing safeguarding concerns, ensuring that the wellbeing of children is at the forefront of all action taken.
This policy sets out a clear and consistent framework for delivering this promise, in line with safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance.
It will be achieved by:
• Creating a culture of safer recruitment by adopting procedures that help deter, reject or identify people who might pose a risk to children.
• Teaching children how to keep safe and recognise behaviour that is unacceptable.
• Identifying and making provision for any child that has been subject to abuse.
• Ensuring that members of the Board of Directors, the C.E.O and staff members understand their responsibilities under safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance, are alert to the signs of child abuse and know to refer concerns to the DSL.
• Ensuring that the CEO and any new staff members and volunteers are only appointed when all the appropriate checks have been satisfactorily completed.
The DSL is: Steven Herbert. In the absence of the DSL, child protection matters will be dealt with by the CEO, Levi Gill.