Staff Handbook & Policies
Statement of Intent
Barrow AFC are back in the Football League after many long years. After our enforced exile and the hard work of everyone on and off the pitch, we have returned to where we deserve to be.
Ray Wilkie said, “no one deserves it more than them” when talking of supporters after the Wembley win in 1990. We believe that should be the case for everyone involved in Barrow A.F.C when we work here- we deserve the best.
This document outlines clearly what we all expect and deserve as colleagues, when working for Barrow AFC:
- Barrow AFC expects all employees to work in positive and respectful manner with colleagues, stakeholders and the wider public at all times.
- Everyone who works at Barrow AFC should understand that their own behaviour, and the manner in which they conduct themselves, sets an example and reflects on the club
- Barrow AFC expects that all employees present themselves at work in a manner that reflects well on the club and creates a positive and professional impression
- Employees are expected to act outside work in a manner that reflects well on Barrow AFC and does not bring the club into disrepute, including use of social media
- All employees can expect and deserve proper support to fulfil these responsibilities to the best of their ability through positive support and professional development
- Barrow AFC expects all colleagues to work together as a team, sharing information so everyone can do the best job they can
- Everyone who works at Barrow AFC will be treated with equal respect and kindness, regardless of race, religious beliefs, gender or sexuality
- All employees can expect and deserve to have their overall performance measured against clear expectations outlined within their roles and responsibilities
- Everyone who works at Barrow AFC should understand their own responsibilities with regard to the Health, Safety and Safeguarding at work
- Barrow AFC undertakes to ensure if employees have a grievance there is a process to follow, which will be conducted in a fair and transparent manner
- Barrow AFC employees are bound by confidentiality and will have made a legal commitment not to disclose private business information regarding Barrow AFC to othe