A fantastic opportunity to join the clubs medical team has become available!
Barrow AFC are looking to recruit a part-time sessional physiotherapist / sports therapist to assist head therapist Callum Walters in our medical and performance department.
Job Title: 1st Team Physiotherapist / Sports Therapist
Location: Manchester / Barrow
Barrow AFC are looking to recruit an additional physiotherapist/sports therapist to work alongside our current head therapist. The chosen candidate will assist in managing all aspects of the team’s medical and performance department.
– Attending training sessions & games when required, providing pitch side first aid as necessary.
– Appropriately managing and rehabilitating injured players, referring on to, and communicating with, specialists when necessary.
– Maintaining up to date medical records.
– Communicating with other members of the coaching team regarding players availability for training and games.
– Providing individualised conditioning programs for injury prevention.
– Leading performance sessions such as warm-ups, pre-habilitation and strength & conditioning.
– Supervise students on placement at the club.
– Keep up date with current sports medicine literature.
– BSc Physiotherapy / Sports Therapy or equivalent degree.
– Membership to the appropriate society and own medical insurance.
– Own transport to our training ground in Manchester and home fixtures in Barrow.
– Good knowledge of musculoskeletal injuries.
– To be passionate about working in an elite sporting environment.
– Experience of working in sport.
– FA Level 4 ITMMiF or up to date IFAS (training can be given).
– Massage qualification.
– Full UK driving licence.
This post may be subject to a criminal record check or an enhanced DBS check.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, FAO Callum Walters, to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any questions please ring Callum on 07807416951 or send an email to the above address.