Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
21 November 2020 Venue Progression Solicitors Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Preview: Barrow v Forest Green Rovers

20 November 2020

Take a look at everything you need to know ahead of Saturday's game at The Progression Solicitors Stadium.

Barrow v Forest Green Rovers
Saturday 21st November 2020, 3pm
The Progression Solicitors Stadium
Sky Bet League Two

In Opposition
Forest Green Rovers made their way in to the EFL back in 2016/17 when they defeated Tranmere Rovers in the National League Play-Off Final at Wembley.

Since then, they’ve gone on to firmly establish themselves in League Two and are among those who will fancy their chances of challenging for promotion in the current campaign.

Mark Cooper’s men have certainly made an encouraging start and they sit comfortably inside the division’s play-off positions ahead of their weekend trek to Cumbria.

Rovers tasted defeat just twice during their opening 11 League Two outings but were humbled 6-2 at Lincoln City in the FA Cup and have lost twice more since then, including last weekend’s surprise loss at home to Mansfield Town.

One To Watch
Jamille Matt has enjoyed a great start to his Forest Green Rovers career since joining the club during the summer following his release from Newport County.

The 31-year-old front man was a regular scorer during his time with The Exiles and has already hit the new five times for his new club, including a treble in their brilliant 4-1 win at Scunthorpe United last month.

Matt can be a real handful for opposition defences so he’s a player that Barrow will need to keep tabs on this weekend if they want to pick up another positive result on home soil.

Head To Head
Saturday’s game will represent the 17th competitive meeting between the two sides and Forest Green have the slight edge having won five times in comparison to Barrow’s four triumphs.

Interestingly, the most popular result in this fixture over the years has been a draw, with no fewer than seven of the previous meetings ending all-square.

Rovers won the last time the two sides met back in January 2017, leaving Holker Street with all three points after a 3-2 victory.

Chris Sarginson will be in charge for this weekend’s encounter as the vastly experienced official makes his way to The Progression Solicitors Stadium.

He is now moving in to his 13th season on the Football League’s list of referees and has overseen 10 games so far this term, the most recent was Gillingham’s 3-2 win over Woking in the FA Cup a fortnight ago.

Forest Green have been installed as 5/4 favourites for three points on Saturday, while Barrow are a 2/1 shot for victory and you can back the draw at a price of 9/4 with our friends at Sky Bet.

Click here now to take a look at Sky Bet’s range of odds on Saturday’s action.

Live Streaming
Match Passes to watch Saturday’s game live on iFollow Barrow are now available so that you can enjoy every minute of the game against Forest Green Rovers.

Season Ticket holders have now had their iFollow accounts upgraded so that they should receive automatic access to our live coverage – click here for more info on how to check your access.

Click here now to buy your Match Pass for Saturday.

Live Commentary
We will also provide an audio commentary of Saturday’s game when we link up with BBC Radio Cumbria who will describe all the action as it unfolds.

You can purchase an Audio Match Pass for £2.50, an Audio Monthly Pass for £4.49 or sign-up for Audio Season Pass which provides all live commentary and video news for just £45.

Click here now to subscribe to iFollow Barrow.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Bluebirds Denied At The Death

21 November 2020

A photo of Dior Angus and Connor Brown Mark Fletcher (MI News & Sport)
Dior Angus celebrates his goal against Forest Green Rovers

Barrow were forced to settle for a point as Forest Green Rovers scored a last-gasp equaliser at the end of an absorbing encounter at The Progression Solicitors Stadium.

David Dunn’s men had come from behind to lead going in to the closing stages thanks to goals from Luke James and Dior Angus but it was the visitors who had the last word when Nicky Cadden rifled in a free-kick at the death.

The Bluebirds boss made two changes to his starting eleven, as Kgose Ntlhe came in to replace the suspended Josh Kay and Scott Quigley came in to the attack.

Barrow began the game on the front foot and had the ball in the net within four minutes when Scott Quigley turned neatly to slot home low only for the offside flag to cut short the celebrations.

Forest Green could have gone in front on ten minutes when Jamille Matt muscled his way in to possession and the visitors attack but, when the ball was cut back to Carl Winchester, his powerful drive was excellently blocked on the line by Sam Hird.

A couple of minutes later it was Barrow who then came forward with menace, this time Quigley raced away in behind on to Brad Barry’s ball but his low shot was well saved by Luke McGee.

Harrison Biggins tried his luck from a long-range free-kick which dropped just too high before Rovers came within a whisker of taking the lead when Jake Young’s low curler cracked back off the post.

It was developing in to the absorbing encounter which had been predicted by both managers in the build-up, with the two teams putting together plenty of good football and taking turns to enjoy periods of pressure.

The first half almost ended with a wonderful solo goal, only for Young to be thwarted by the woodwork for a second time. He had wonderfully turned away from a trio of Barrow players before slaloming his way to the edge of the box and letting fly with a dipping effort which flicked the bar on its way over.

Rovers edged in front seven minutes after the break when Nicky Cadden’s inswinging corner was met by Elliott Whitehouse, who glanced a lovely headed beyond Joel Dixon to make it 1-0.

Connor Brown – on in place of Kgose Ntlhe – nodded wide at the far post with his first touch, before Biggins saw a show from twenty yards deflected just over the bar as The Bluebirds responded positively to the setback.

Barrow continued to play with patience in a bid to get back in to the game and the breakthrough arrived on 73 minutes when Brown did well on the left and slipped a ball across for Luke James and the front man delivered a decisive first time finish past McGee to level things up.

It got even better for David Dunn’s men ten minutes later when Biggins’ determined run to the byline was halted by Jordan Moore-Taylor’s lunge and the referee was well placed to point to the penalty spot. Dior Angus, off the bench for Quigley, confidently stroked home from the spot to put The Bluebirds in front.

The points were within touching distance for The Bluebirds only for Rovers to have the final say in the fifth minute of stoppage time with a wonderful free-kick which crashed in off the underside of the bar to rescue a point for the visitors.

Full Time: Barrow 2 Forest Green Rovers 2

Barrow: Dixon, Barry, Hird, Platt, Brough, Ntlhe (Brown 53), J Taylor, M Jones, Biggins, James, Quigley (Angus 75).
Subs not used: Lillis, Wilson, C Taylor, Reid.

Booked: J Taylor.

Forest Green Rovers: McGee, Kitching, Winchester, Adams, Cadden, Matt, Bailey (Moore-Taylor 60), Young, Whitehouse (Collins 78), Godwin-Malife, Richardson (Stevens 90).
Subs not used: Thomas, Wilson, Sweeney, Stokes.

Booked: Moore-Taylor, Kitching.

Referee: Christopher Sarginson

Attendance: Behind Closed Doors

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account