Here at Barrow AFC we are working tirelessly to have you all back inside the Progression Solicitors Stadium and enjoying our return to the Football League as quickly and as safely as possible.
Over the last few weeks we have been working through the guidelines and legislation regarding the safe return of spectators. We have looked at information from the following sources:
- Government legislation
- Updated safety guidelines for football grounds
- Local data with regards to the Barrow area
- Information from the Football Supporters Federation
- Case studies on returning to grounds from various expert bodies
- EFL guidelines and training
- Input from ground safety professionals to determine capacity
With any epidemic, any information is subject to change but we felt it was important to answer the basic questions regarding how we plan to operate.
When Will Fans Return?
At present, it looks like we will begin behind closed doors, with a limited amount of fans allowed back in during October.
How Many Fans are Going to Be Allowed Back In?
The idea is to start from a low base and then, as conditions improve and we are confident that guidelines are being followed, we will be able to steadily increase capacity. The better we all work together, the quicker we will all get back into the ground.
At the beginning, we will be limiting entry to Season Ticket holders only (These will be available on sale until Tuesday 1st September at 5pm.) The reason for this decision is because we already have contact information for Season Ticket holders and can work with them before kick-off to ensure that everybody has the information we need and has agreed to the Code of Conduct. Also, it is likely that our initial capacity will be set at around the number of Season Ticket sales.
Away fans won’t be allowed in until we can accommodate all of our home supporters safely. We may need to use the away section of terracing in the Holker St End and the seating there too.
Which Safety Measures Will Be in Place?
- Fans will be required to wear face coverings in the ground (unless proof of exemption is provided on entry).
- Fans will be required to stand ‘one metre-plus’ apart unless in a social bubble. This will be marked out on the terracing and determined beforehand in the Main Stand with supporters.
- There will be signage and markings showing the required distance supporters should be apart.
- In the stand, seating will be spaced out and determined beforehand. To support social distancing, Season Ticket holders will not initially be able to sit in the seats that they have reserved. Cards will be issued.
- Stand Season Ticket holders can sit in social bubbles as per regulations but supporters have to contact the club by e-mail or telephone to request this by 12pm on Tuesday 1st September. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01229 666010.
- In the event of over-subscription for the stand, Season Ticket holders may be asked to use the terracing for a short time.
- All exits and entries will be available and there will be clear signage of which direction to enter and exit.
- There will be queuing systems and restricted entry for food areas (if open) and toilets.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the ground and at all entry points.
- Queuing systems, clearly marked, will be in place outside the ground.
- Fans will be required to agree to a COVID ‘Code of Conduct’ and details will also be kept to support Track and Trace. The Code of Conduct will be emailed out to all Season Ticket holders and hand-delivered to those who have only provided a postal address.
Click here to download the COVID-19 Spectator Code of Conduct
Click here to download the COVID-19 Spectator Code of Conduct - Guidelines
If we keep to these simple guidelines, we will hopefully soon be all back together following our team and backing the side as we start in the Football League.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding this please e-mail the club on email@example.com
All Bluebirds are Blue
The ‘Home to Holker Street’ Team