Due to concerns over the integrity of the Big Bank structure at St James’ Park, Exeter City have made the very difficult decision to postpone Saturday’s game against The Bluebirds.
The southwest has been subjected to high winds as Storm Eunice arrived in the UK early on Friday morning and The Grecians had concerns about the safety of supporters at the weekend fixture.
“We will always take everyone’s safety seriously,” City said in a statement.
“Therefore, while this is a difficult decision, we do not have a sufficient window of opportunity to inspect the high-level structure to confirm if any lasting damage has been done by the persistent high winds.
“We have tried to ensure that this decision has been made early for everyone’s benefit including Barrow who would be travelling down today.
“All options to inspect the necessary connections at high level of the Big Bank are not possible during high winds, which are expected to continue until the scheduled kick-off tomorrow.”
Barrow fans who have bought tickets for the game are advised that they will remain valid for the rearranged date. Refunds can be requested once a new date is confirmed, if necessary.
We would like to thank all at Exeter City for their ongoing communication with us throughout the decision-making process and hope everyone remains safe during the bad weather.