Barrow are now welcoming applications for the full-time role of Events Manager at the SO Legal Stadium.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the running of all Club events including matchdays, function room hire and other functions as required.
Duties will typically involve:
Standard hospitality duties
- Responsible for the successful delivery of all Club events;
- Responsible for recruitment and management of casual workers and volunteers to staff events;
- Responsible for stock management including regular stock-taking, order placement and re-stocking;
- Manage event booking calendar to ensure optimal usage of Club facilities;
- Provide monthly hospitality performance updates and season forecasts for the Chief Executive;
- Engage with Media Manager and third parties to ensure appropriate marketing and promotion of Club events;
- Develop and maintain key relationships, both internally and externally, to ensure continued support for future events;
- Develop budgeted proposals for events, including information such as target audience, venue, catering, entertainment, projected attendance figures and pricing strategies, sponsorship strategies and resource plans;
- Respond to all incoming queries and questions (by telephone, email, post or face-to-face) in relation to events in a timely and professional manner.
Skills and experience
- Previous hospitality experience is essential;
- Experience of multi-location event operations is desirable;
- Experience of managing budgets and stock inventory is highly advantageous;
- Confident and outgoing; effective communicator;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Self-motivated; driven to meet and exceed given targets;
- Valid full UK driver’s license would be an advantage.
Equality and Diversity
Barrow AFC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Barrow AFC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £16,000 -- £23,000 per year
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- One location
To apply for this position, send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 31st March 2023.