An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented individual to join our First Team Performance Analysis department, to deliver performance analysis to Coaches, staff, and players, to support coaching and training processes. The successful candidate will report to the Sporting Director & First Team Manager, while also working within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
This is a varied role in which you will assist with filming matches and training sessions, also opposition team analysis, to inform strategy and planning for upcoming matches.
Candidates must have previous proven experience of performance analysis in First Team and/or Academy football, combined with an MSc degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, for example, Performance Analysis, or Sports Coaching.
The varied nature of this role requires applicants to have excellent communication skills, a well-organised approach to work, and excellent IT skills, including previous experience with analysis software Hudl Sportscode, Wyscout and other packages.
This role requires flexibility and a willingness to work non-standard hours in accordance with the needs of the Club. The successful candidate will be required to travel to away fixtures with the First Team, while also supporting home fixtures. Passionate about making a difference through sport, you must be adaptable and able to quickly adjust to the requirements of the role, also forming positive relationships with other team members and demonstrating commitment to the Club!s ambitions.
If you have the specified qualifications and personal attributes and are enthusiastic about the variety and opportunities that this role offers, we would love to hear from you.
Please also highlight any factors that you would like us to consider, for example, if you have a disability or health condition that may require us to make reasonable adjustments in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and other stakeholders to share this commitment.
As this role is likely to involve the supervision of and work with children and young people or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will require clearance to work in football and an Enhanced Criminal Records Check (CRC) through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Applicants must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions in accordance with the associated legislation. The amendments to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) provide that when applying for certain jobs and activities, certain convictions and cautions are
considered "protected!. This means that they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot consider them.
Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed is available on the Ministry of Justice website.
Equality & Inclusion
Barrow AFC is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where everyone can be themselves and in which everyone feels valued, included, and supported to achieve their full potential. We have a zero-tolerance approach to any form of discrimination.
We are committed to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
Please send your CV to Iain Wood by email to email@example.com by 12 noon on 15th November 2023. Interviews are likely to take place in Mid-Late November 2023.
Post Title: First Team Performance Analyst
Department/Location: First Team Analysis / FC United of Manchester, Manchester & So Legal Stadium, Barrow
Reports To: Sporting Director & First Team Manager
Purpose of the Role: To provide detailed Pre/Post match analysis to the First Team coaching staff and players in line with the club's strategic style of play and objectives
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum Full-time (35+ hours per week, including both home and away match days, evenings, and weekends)
Functional Links :
Player Recruitment Staff Coaching Staff
Physical Performance Team Players
External: Including, but not limited to:
Performance Analysts from other Clubs
Regulatory bodies (e.g., the Premier League, EFL, FA etc.)
Key Performance Indicators
- To present detailed and informed analysis of forthcoming opposition to Coaches, in accordance with the First Team Manager and Coaching staff requirements.
- To identify and use patterns and trends in players’ performance to positively impact on players’ individual development plans.
- Performance analysis data is shared with other staff within the First Team as required, to inform and support a holistic approach to coaching and player performances.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- First Team Performance Analyst to deliver opposition analysis to players and Coaches.
- To create pre-match presentations in collaboration with the Coaches, to present back to players for individual, unit, and whole group/team meetings.
- To work both home and away fixtures, capturing and delivering live, in-game feedback to Coaches and players in line with the game plan and the Club!s playing philosophy and strategy.
- Filming both home and away fixtures.
· To assist with creating post-match meeting content, in collaboration with the First Team Coaches.
- To assist with creating individualised player clips to distribute to Coaches and players for feedback following each fixture, while also maintaining individual player databases.
- To create and maintain tactical and technical databases using Hudl Sportscode.
- To implement feedback for performance support upon specified metrics, to aid First Team players!! development.
· Be willing to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends, to fulfil the demands of the role.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive, and the post holder will also be required to undertake any other duties as required by the Sporting Director, the First Team Manager, and/or any other Senior Manager/ Director.