Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Match Report: Barrow AFC 0-2 Swindon Town

6 April 2024

Club News

Match Report: Barrow AFC 0-2 Swindon Town

6 April 2024

Today’s game saw Paul Farman put in another Man of the Match performance, but it wasn’t enough for the Bluebirds who fell to their second defeat in a row at the hands of Swindon Town.

Pete Wild named two changes to the side that faced Morecambe last Monday, with Tom White and David Worrall coming in for injured Dean Campbell and Luca Stephenson.

The game began with the Bluebirds dominating possession and they created a huge chance to score early on when a Robbie Gotts strike fell to Dom Telford, who then took on a volley towards goal but the ball swerved inches wide of the post.

Minutes later, Barrow was gifted a huge chance to go 1-0 up in the game when Conor McCarthy miskicked the ball in the six-yard box with Telford reacting quickest, but McCarthy cleared it off the line to keep the game on level terms.

Barrow found themselves with the ball in the Swindon goal when Cole Stockton finished past Jake Bycroft, but the assistant referee raised his flag for offside in the 22nd minute.

But the pendulum began to swing in the Robins' favour and they scored ten minutes before half-time when George McEachran played the ball to Williams Kokolo on the edge of the box and his first-time shot rifled into the top corner past an outstretched Farman.

The away side then made it 2-0 before halftime with Glatzel picking the ball up in the Barrow box, he then sat down George Ray and slotted the ball neatly into the bottom corner, giving the Bluebirds a mountain to climb in the second half.

Swindon was unlucky not to make it 3-0 when Kokoly played a ball through to Aaron Drinan, but his shot was saved superbly by Farman to keep the Bluebirds in the game.

With the Robins on top, Acquah came agonisingly close when he intercepted a loose pass in the Swindon box, he rifled his shot toward goal, but McCarthy palmed it away.

With less than ten minutes to play, the Bluebirds began to throw everything at with Acquah having his third big chance following a curved ball from Spence but he headed it onto the crossbar and out for a goal-kick.

However, it was too late for the home side and the game finished with Swindon picking all three points.

Farman ©, Ray, Worrall (Warren 46’), Spence, White, Gotts, Chester, Telford (Proctor 69’), Stockton, Feely (Acquah 46’), Whitfield (Newby 46’).

Words by Dylan Whitbread

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account