Report: Boreham Wood 0-0 Barrow

The report from our draw at Boreham Wood.

The Bluebirds earned an important point on a cold and wet afternoon in Borehamwood.

A bright start from Barrow was almost rewarded after four minutes, when Asa Hall met a ball in from the left hand side but he saw his header tipped over the bar by Grant Smith.

The home side grew into the game and after an ultimately even first ten minutes they could have taken the lead when on 11 minutes a cross from the right was poked inches wide by Shakes.

The home side then had a good spell of pressure with Andrade releasing Shakes who put in a low cross which was cleared before the former fired over from a free kick.

Barrow were by no means second best however and some clever link up play won a corner, but the danger was cleared by the home defence.

An effort from Luke James inside the area was saved by Smith in the home goal who then promptly kicked his clearance straight at a defenders head but Barrow couldn’t take advantage.

Steve Arnold was then called into action, comfortably saving a shot from the edge of the area before a cross from Gomis on the left was met by Kingsley James who couldn’t steer his header on target.

After one minute of added time the referee brought proceedings to a pause, a fairly even half which Barrow slightly shaded, having the best chance of the game with Asa Hall’s early header.

Boreham Wood 0-0 Barrow 

The home side started the second half brightly with Donovan Makoma doing brilliantly to stay calm and turn a low Andrade cross behind for a corner.

Barrow were under pressure but the defence stood firm, resisting a strong start to the second half from their hosts.

Down the other end Asa Hall found space on the edge of the area after 57 minutes but he fired straight at Grant Smith in the Boreham Wood goal.

Two chances in two minutes followed as Calum Macdonald saw his free kick saved, before Arnold was equal to an effort from Andrade shortly after the hour mark.

The home side looked to have taken the lead after 66 minutes, but Donovan Makoma made a vital last minute block to prevent that from happening.

Jordan White replaced Grant Holt, before Calum Macdonald saw a free kick fly just past the far post and then Dan Jones replaced Asa Hall.

Tempers flared on 80 minutes with players from both sides clashing, the referee issuing three yellow cards, including one to Calum Macdonald.

Brad Bauress then replaced Lewis Walters and had to be alert to turn the ball behind for a corner soon after.

The home side were piling on the pressure as they looked to break the deadlock but there was always a Barrow player there, will some heroic defending to keep the scores level.

After four minutes added time the final whistle went, a dedicated performance from the Bluebirds sending 88 travelling fans home happy with a hard earned point.

Boreham Wood 0-0 Barrow